This short article explains some of the benefits that you should expect when using premium hydraulic oils or fluids like Schaeffer's. They are all equally important.
1. Thermal stability and lower operating temperatures. What happens when a hydraulic fluid gets too hot? Well, lots of things, and none them are good. Thermal breakdown is very damaging to your equipment. It occurs when heat causes a chemical reaction in the hydraulic oil, which causes the oil's viscosity to change.
Are you having to shut down your equipment because it's overheating?
When the system heats up beyond a certain temperature, the base oils and the additives will start to degrade. Thermal stability will provide a stronger resistance to oxidation. Oxidation is the degradation of the oil or fluid caused by heat, pressure and contaminants.
2. A high viscosity index which helps reduce changes in the viscosity during temperature fluctuations. Resistance to viscosity changes allows the oils to remain stable and continue to do their job, even at the end of the day.
3. A strong film strength for the ability to hold up under pressure and a balanced long lasting anti-wear additive package will provide for increased wear protection.
You can see where this is all going. Strong film strength reduces friction, which reduces temperatures, which reduces viscosity changes, which reduces oxidation and so on. One benefit leads to another.
4. Chemical additive stability is also critical. This helps with preventing the formation and buildup of sludge, carbon and varnish deposits. Less deposits will reduce filter blockages. Anti-foaming additives will aid in the release of air entrapped in the oils. Rust and corrosion protection is also important and it will aid in extending component life.
5. It's also important to consider the following when the equipment is operating in wet or humid situations. The hydrolytic stability of the hydraulic oil. This is the ability to resist chemical decomposition in the presence of water. Strong demulsibility characteristics are also necessary so that any water in the oil separates quickly. We all know that water will diminish the lubrication of the oils.
6. Premium hydraulic oils will maintain their performance features even under severe service conditions and extended drain intervals. You will also achieve improved seal, pump and bearing life.
Stability is the word that you see repeated here over and over. You need to be able to count on your hydraulic oils to perform day after day. All of those benefits will add up to big savings for your bottom line! It's a win-win situation.
You can shop at Buy1Oils for all of Schaeffer's hydraulic oils and find the exact right fit.