All Schaeffer's Greases are premium, heavy duty, quality greases.
With 19 different greases in multiple NLGI numbers that is a lot of different choices! So, which one is right for you? Read on for some basics on the different Schaeffer greases to help you narrow down your search. Each Schaeffer grease has different attributes. Grease is not a one size fits all proposition.
Also, before changing to a different type of grease please confirm that it is compatible with your existing grease or completely remove all of the previous grease. Mixing incompatible greases can cause failures!
If you're looking for the highest quality grease available and the best selection of synthetic, para-synthetic, bentone base and waterproof greases that will satisfy multiple applications, then you've definitely found the best source online. stores.buy1oils.com carries the full line of all Schaeffer's greases.
Here is a breakdown of your choices to help you choose:
Bentone, water resistant, up to 600 degrees: 197, 206, 248 and 260
- Moly Pure Synthetic #197 in NLGI #2 has a PAO base oil with a bentone base thickener. Designed for applications from -50F to 500F. This grease contains 3% moly and is water resistant. Non-melt.
- Hi-Temp Cotton Picker grease #206 in NLGI #00 or #0. This semi-fluid grease with a bentone base thickener allows high temperature operation. Non-melt.
- Moly Syngard 2000 #248 in NLGI #1, NLGI #2 or NLGI #3 is a bentone base grease for up to 600F. It is recommended for all types of heavy duty construction, mining, farming and industrial equipment. This is an all purpose, moly, extreme pressure, tacky grease.
- Perma Moly #260 in NLGI #1, NLGI #2 or NLGI #3 is a bentone base grease with extra moly for added protection in heavily loaded applications. This water resistant grease works in temperatures up to 600F.
Aluminum complex, waterproof, up to 350 degrees: 219, 221, 2282, 228PGL, 229, 238 and 274
- Synforce Green #219 in NLGI #1 or NLGI #2 is Schaeffer's premium, all purpose, Moly, waterproof grease. Use in applications of 0F to 350F. Green color.
- Moly Ultra #221 in NLGI #1 or NLGI#2. is a great all purpose 3% moly waterproof choice for wheel bearings and other general greasing applications.
- Super HV Red #228 in NLGI #2 is made with a made with an ISO 460 Base oil and is extra tacky for slow moving extreme loaded applications. It is red color, waterproof and contains moly.
- Super HV Pivot Gear Lube #228PGL is specifically designed for center pivot irrigation gear boxes. This semi-fluid grease contains moly and is waterproof.
- Ultra Red #229 in NLGI #1 or NLGI #2 is a red, extra tacky waterproof grease. This grease contains moly and EP additives. Because of the adhesive qualities this grease is not recommended for passenger vehicles or electric motors.
- Ultra Supreme #238 in NLGI #1, NLGI #2 or NLGI #3 is Schaeffer's Cat spec. 5% moly, waterproof grease recommended for heavy equipment. NLGI #3 can also be used as a chisel paste.
- Moly EP Synthetic Plus Grease #274 comes in 4 NLGI grades. #00, #0, #1 and #2. This grease is designed to be pumpable in cold weather down to -45F up to 350F. It also contains moly and is waterproof.
Extra Moly: 238, 260 and 274M2
- Ultra Supreme #238 in NLGI #1, NLGI #2 or NLGI #3 is Schaeffer's Cat spec. 5% moly, water proof grease recommended for heavy equipment. NLGI #3 can also be used as a chisel paste.
- Perma Moly #260 in NLGI #1, NLGI #2 or NLGI #3 is a bentone base grease with extra moly for added protection in heavily loaded application. This water resistant grease works in temperatures up to 600F.
- EP Synthetic Plus Grease Extra Moly #274M2 is the extra moly version of the #274. It comes in NLGI #2.
Polyurea for electric motors: 278
- Polyurea Grease #278 in NLGI #2 is the grease recommended for sealed for life bearings, long life applications.and electric motors.
Extreme Applications: 286C and 216
- Hi-Temp Grease with Copper #286C is designed for extreme temperatures. It doesn't start working until 600F and continues to work up to 1200F. It continues working even when the base oils are burned off. This grease contains moly, graphite and copper.
- Synforce Strike #216 is the newest addition to the Schaeffer Line. It is specifically designed for use in hydraulic hammer, breaker and chisel applications. This extreme pressure grease contains moly, graphite and copper.
- Ecoshield Biodegradable Grease #529 is designed for environmentally sensitive job sites. This grease comes in NLGI #2 and is non-toxic and water resistant.
Food Grade H-1: 195, 271 and 272
- Supertac Food Grade Grease H-1 #195 is available in NLGI #1 (pails only) and NLGI #2. This waterproof grease is designed to stay where you put it and is resistant to water wash off and spray off.
- Synthetic Food Grade Grease H-1 #271 in NLGI #1 or NLGI #2 is made with synthetic PAO base oils. This bentone base grease is designed for high temperatures and is non-melt.
- No Tack Synthetic Grease H-1 #272 is the same grease as the #271 with no tack.