Moly E.P. Oil Treatment – What Are People Saying About It?
I want to thank our Moly E.P. Oil Treatment customer’s feedback as they are a very reliable source of information. So, I’ll begin with their feedback as a starting point.
Moly E.P. Oil Treatment reviews
- Peter C. says, “Works really great does [what] it says and more.”
- Scott M. writes, “Added this oil when I did my last oil change. Car appears to be running smoother. I think I will be purchasing more for future oil changes.”
- William B. tells us, “Love this stuff!”
- Kia-Lee W. replies, “Nothing but good good to say about Schaeffer's 132 Moly E.P. ‘Treatment’”
- Jose E. announces, “I added this pint to a 4.0 Jeep inline 6 engine and noticed an increase in oil pressure over using oil alone. Keep up the good work.”
- Richard M. asserts, “Added this to my Subaru a couple weeks ago. Seems to be doing pretty good. Quites the lifters.”
- Thomas A. maintains, “Have using a 50-50 mix of Moly Ep and Lube Control (4 ounces of each) for years with each oil change. No idea if it makes any difference in anything over the years just a quirk as to why I use it. Engines ran fine before and after so again, who knows if it does any good.”
- Patrick states, “If you have an engine that ticks or is made before 2003, this moly treatment is good for you.”
And customer’s review us too
- Darren T. reviews, “This stuff is great / this place is A1 to deal with.”
- Ken H. voices, “Excellent products.”
So What Is It And What Is It Technically Doing To My Engine Oil?
We know from the customer feedback that this stuff works great, but it would be nice to know what it is and why it works, right? Schaeffer's Specialized Lubricants says, "Moly E.P. Oil Treatment (#132) is a highly fortified extreme pressure engine oil treatment containing a highly specialized additive package." That's all good, but let's dig a bit deeper.
Schaeffer's explains further, "To complement this highly specialized additive package, a proven frictional modifier Micron Moly®, is further blended into the oil treatment. Micron Moly® is a liquid soluble type of moly that plates to the metal surfaces of the engine. Once plated, the moly forms a long lasting lubricating film in which prevents the metal surfaces from coming into contact with each other. By preventing metal to metal contact, damaging frictional wear is eliminated. This leads to less downtime and longer equipment life."
And Schaeffer's says to expect the following benefits:
- Increased compression through better ring seal.
- A reduction in oil consumption.
- Elimination of sticking valves and lifters.
- Reduced blow-by.
- Increased oil pressure.
- A reduction in engine friction and wear.
- Increased power.
- Better viscosity control.
- Extreme pressure protection of the engine bearings, valve train, and pistons and piston rings.