Always Carry An Emergency De-Geller In Case Of Frozen Diesel Fuel
We recommend Diesel Hot Line (#284) because it will get your fuel flowing again. In extreme cold weather, fuel gels. Diesel Hot Line is designed to disperse water in fuel systems, de-ice frozen fuel filters, reliquefy gelled diesel fuel and dissolve ice and wax formations.
No need to call the tow truck if your fuel has gelled because of extreme cold weather. Diesel operators carry emergency Diesel Hot Line with them. Carry it with you! Works in 20 minutes.
Diesel Hot Line is a blend of organic compounds and does not contain methanol or related alcohols.
Directions for Emergency Fuel Treatment of Gelled Diesel Fuel:
- Add 1 quart of Diesel Hotline to each 50 gallons of fuel in the vehicle’s tanks.
- Disconnect the fuel filter assembly and remove any gelled fuel.
- Add Diesel Hotline (2-3 ounces) to the assembly and reconnect the fuel filter assembly.
- Wait 15 to 20 minutes to restart the engine.
- Start the engine and let it idle for 5 minutes in order to heat the fuel system before resuming normal operation.
- To prevent further gelling use one of Schaeffer Mfg’s winterized fuel additives: Winterized Diesel Treat 2000 or Arctic Flow Plus+.
One quart of #284 Diesel Heat treats up to 50 gallons of diesel fuel.